Job Interview Checklist – Nail it!
These are 5 must do’s on preparing yourself for your next job interview!
1. Prepare your “elevator pitch”…This is a 30 second speech that summarizes who you are, what you do and why you are a good candidate for the position.
Make sure you focus on what they need because employers want to know “what’s in it for me if I hire you.”
2. Research the company website so that you know what they do exactly and how you can fit into their corporate structure.
3. Leave the perfume or cologne at home. This isn’t a date, it’s an interview.
4. Research online typical Interview Questions and Answers. There is a ton available, just google it.
5. Toward the end of the interview, ask the employer a few specific questions about their company and the open position. This gives you another opportunity to expound on your skills and interest in your industry.
… and it goes without saying to dress appropriately and send a “Thank You” note after the interview.
Hope this has helped you to prepare for your next interview. Good Luck!